Our Better World is searching for our Content Lead.
We’re looking for someone to lead our in-house content team and our regional network of content creators (filmmakers, illustrators, photographers, motion graphic artists, writers and so on) to create innovative and compelling actionable content (video, photo and written stories) for a global audience. You must be able to conceptualise a story of any nature and have a knack in managing a roomful of talented creative minds.
You are someone with the vision to shape this unique genre of content that will work in effectively engaging audiences across a variety of digital channels. You also have the editorial and operational expertise to oversee the entire content creation process from sourcing and commissioning of stories to final delivery and publication.
You will wear many hats – decision-maker, strategist, cheerleader, navigator, consultant, nurturer, devil's advocate, gatekeeper, mediator, and often having to put a few hats on at the same time.
- Create and implement a content strategy that focuses on well sourced and produced stories, realistic timelines and integrates community, promotional and budgetary requirements.
- Lead the in-house content team, assigning roles, commissioning stories ensuring editorial standards, brand requirements and deadlines are met.
- Create and implement procedures ensuring effective follow through of content process with internal and external stakeholders.
- Grow and manage a regional network of content creators that meet creative and quality control standards.
- Create content packages for revenue partnership opportunities.
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in journalism or content creation (International experience is required).
- At least 6 years of team management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining editorial standards, and ensuring content creators meet deadlines while nurturing good relationships.
- Ability to take a solutions-focused approach to problems inherent in publishing high volumes of content on a regular basis.
- Experience with a variety of content formats and types and a healthy curiosity about new forms of content that continue to emerge (360 video etc).
- Basic understanding and awareness of content in relation to different digital platforms ranging from traditional publishers, to social media, to messenger apps etc.
- Desire to work collaboratively and with multiple stakeholders
- Based in Singapore
If the above excites you and you believe you have what it takes for the role, with a passion to make a real difference, we want to hear from you.
Please send your CV/linkedin profile to firstname.lastname@example.org