Our Better World is searching for our Content Lead.
Keen to impact people’s lives meaningfully by producing inspiring stories? Here is an opportunity to lead an in-house content team and a regional network of content creators (filmmakers, illustrators, photographers, motion graphic artists, writers and so on) to create compelling stories (video, photo and written stories) for a global digital audience.
We are looking for someone with the vision and creativity to shape this unique genre of content and be instrumental in helping us realise our goal of becoming a world-class digital storytelling platform.
You love conceptualising stories of any nature and have a knack in managing a roomful of talented creative minds. You must have extensive editorial experience in working across a diversity of content genres and formats (especially video) and have a deep grasp of the entire content creation process.
You will wear many hats – decision-maker, strategist, cheerleader, navigator, consultant, nurturer, devil's advocate, gatekeeper, mediator, and often have to wear several of them at the same time.
- Create and implement a content strategy that focuses on well-sourced stories produced within realistic timelines, and integrates community, promotional and budgetary requirements
- Lead and strengthen the in-house content team, assigning roles, commissioning stories and establishing international editorial standards
- Grow and nurture a regional network of content creators who are committed to contributing towards our shared vision
- Create and implement an effective content creation process from sourcing and commissioning of stories to final delivery and publication
- Create content packages for revenue partnership opportunities
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in journalism or content creation (international experience is required)
- At least six years of team management experience
- Demonstrated experience in establishing strong editorial standards and creative direction
- Excellent track record in leadership and building strong relationships across multiple stakeholder groups
- Adaptable and resourceful in a fast-changing digital environment
- Experience with a variety of content formats and types, and a healthy curiosity about emerging forms of content (360 video etc.)
- Good understanding and awareness of content in relation to different digital platforms ranging from traditional publishers, to social media, to messenger apps etc.
- A sensitivity to/awareness of social issues
- A passion to make a real difference
- A desire to work collaboratively and with multiple stakeholders
If you believe you have what it takes for the role, we want to hear from you. This is a full-time role based in Singapore. Please send your CV/LinkedIn profile to email@example.com